I think I've called my little one "Samuel" maybe a handful times in his entire 6 months of life. I don't know why, but I gravitate towards nick names. I like it short and sweet. This created quite the dilemma for David and I when choosing our boys names. He likes a strong, full name. So that's how we ended up with Zachary and Samuel...or Zach and Sam.
It took us months and months to decide the name for our second son. We went back and forth, day in and day out. Nothing seemed fitting for this baby that meant so much to us. This baby boy that signified for us God's goodness and promise to give us a future and a hope.
Eventually it became abundantly clear that David HAD to be the middle name. Even though Sammy's not in all the pictures or stories from David's hospital stay and recovery, we want him to always understand that he is a part of this!! The news that we were expecting shifted our focus. Taking our eyes off of our desperate circumstances and helping us to look ahead.
There is no better name for our little man. Once we said it aloud, we knew.
Samuel David. God Heard. Beloved.
Even though Sammy goes by a handful of nicknames, that does not change the significance that his name holds for us. God heard our cry to save David's life. He heard our cry begging for our future. Then He gave us our Sam.
So if you ever hear us affectionately calling our little man, you might hear one of these names:
Sam Sam
Sammy
Super Sam
Samwise Gamgee (don't ask) :)
Sam Wise
Samwich
Samson
Samsonite (yes, like the luggage)
Sam Wise Big Eyes
The list goes on! Sam has the sweetest temperament of any baby I have ever known. If you catch his eye, you get a big grin! He is quick to smile and slow to fuss. He is as content as can be watching his wild brother running circles around him. He doubles as Zach's hurdle and racetrack...all with a smile!
His lashes make you just want to die and his cackle is infectious. He is learning to scoot, can almost sit by himself and loves his cereal!
So this is a post all about Sam Sam- 6 months old and full of smiles. Samuel David, we love being your mommy and daddy!



No comments:
Post a Comment