Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Closing 2012, Part 2

We kicked off our crazy December with a most joyous reunion! Friends, sisters, cousins...reunited at last!




Then we started to get ready for Christmas...(with the cutest little helper!)
'
And Zach had quite the performance at his preschool Christmas show! 
 Then we took a slight detour.
After an unexpected trip to the ER with what I thought was rapid heart rate, I was admitted to the hospital a week before Christmas. An intense and whirlwind stay in the ER, including lots of panic, confusion and 2 times of having a CRAZY drug that "reset" my heart (not an experience I recommend!) ended with them telling me I would be admitted for further testing because they basically had no idea why my heart was acting like a maniac.
A week before Christmas, all of our family flying in from all over the country...not the news we were hoping for.
So, 6 LONG days later, after about a million and one tests and medications, I was diagnosed with an extremely rare type of heart tachycardia. I am on a heart monitor (most likely through the rest of the pregnancy) and am on heart medication to keep things under control until I can have surgery after the baby comes in May. Praise God that they finally found a medication that works and that so far our sweet baby boy hasn't been effected by the medication. I see a doctor or specialist every week to keep a very close eye on things and even have a doppler at home to check on baby before and after my meds each day. I absolutely love hearing his strong heart beat every day!
After much advocating and negotiation with doctors (this is isn't our first time around this block!), they hesitantly sent me home on Christmas Eve. Sound familiar? Yeah. Ironic, right? We busted David out of his crazy long hospital stay on Christmas Eve 3 years earlier. This must be a joke. Nope! Just God's hilarious timing in our life. :)

       Thankful to be going home!

 One quick shower later, we were at our first family Christmas!

          Preggo together again! 20 weeks and 34 weeks

                      Fun, full house!
                                  Christmas Morning!
Another full house! 


So thankful that we were all home together to celebrate the birth of our Savior. So that's it for 2012. Let's see what 2013 has in store! We have come to expect nothing less than another nail biter. Another year for the Lord to keep us on our toes, clinging to Him each day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment